International Journal of Medical and Health Research

International Journal of Medical and Health Research


International Journal of Medical and Health Research
International Journal of Medical and Health Research
Vol. 7, Issue 3 (2021)

An inadvertent ingestion of lollipop stick causing rectal perforation: A rare case report


Surya Saini, Rajan Sood, Shailendra Kaushik

Accidental ingestion of foreign body is common in children, mentally challenged people, alcoholics and elderly population with dentures. A major proportion of these individuals does not present with any complication. Around 20% present with complications due to non-passage of foreign body through the gastrointestinal tract. 11 years old child presented with acute abdomen with history of ingestion of lollipop stick that lead to rectal perforation. Our case is special in a view that few cases are reported till date which lead to perforation of rectum just at the level of peritoneal fold of vesico-rectal pouch due to accidental ingestion of stick like structure. Moreover no case was found in review of the literature in which perforation is caused by lollipop stick.
Download  |  Pages : 66-67
How to cite this article:
Surya Saini, Rajan Sood, Shailendra Kaushik. An inadvertent ingestion of lollipop stick causing rectal perforation: A rare case report. International Journal of Medical and Health Research, Volume 7, Issue 3, 2021, Pages 66-67
International Journal of Medical and Health Research